July 26, 2010

Astro A30 - GoG Product Review

The Astro A30 Headset is the newest product from Astro Gaming. This sleek headset packs a serious punch, as the preprocessor to their hugely popular A40 model.

Many gamers know the name Astro, even if they don't realize it. This company has designed some of the most important technologies in the industry and their sound equipment is second to none. Right as you get the box, you immediately start to feel excited about your headset purchase...as you can tell from my photo documentation!

Once you get the neat packaging open, the quality of this product is immediately noticed. The ascetics of this headset are great, but once you plug in and experience the sound AND voice quality, the $200 investment quickly seems like a bargain!

I had a few issues with the cord which connects my headset to the MixAmp, but the support staff was excellent and got me up and running very quickly. Thanks Walter!

Overall, I've really been enjoying my new A30 headset. I'm yet to use it with my PC or MP3 player, but if the quality is anywhere close to what I've experienced on the Xbox 360...I'll be just as happy as I am right now.

Lastly and as a side note, we're hoping to solidify our company's connection with Astro Gaming. Our hope is that they'll bring this type of quality to The Iowa Pro Gaming Challenge in 2011. One of the unmentioned benefits of this audio system, is that the MixAmp works with numerous other gaming headsets. This will allow for quick transition between tournament rounds, while also promoting Astro and sharing this superior brand.

It'll be a dedicated post, but wait till you see the custom, "Fueled by www.GatheringofGamers.com" A30 speaker tags we have!!!

A special thanks goes to Walter at Astro, who is a good friend and represents an amazing company.